Saturday, January 31, 2009

My famous bad beat story

I was talking to someone today in the pokerstars room in Grand Waldo and i started telling the story of my crazy bad beats, so i thought id tell all who haven't heard it yet.You are going to read this and think I'm ling that's how bad it was, but i kid you NOT this really did happen. This is a story Ive told so many times and that's the only thing i got out of it, a conversation.

So i go to the Wynn like normal and I'm grinding for hours, I'm up like 7000 hk doallrs so i had about 9000 something in total because i started with 2000. I'm on the 10 20 table so fishy things are expected to happen sometimes when i have a set and they call and hit a draw. So i hopefully will catch them with the nuts and get paaaaiiiidddd.

Now this all happened within 1 HOUR. I have 8 9 of spades, I'm on button so i raised 100 pre flop. I get 2 callers. The flop is 10, Jack and Queen OF SPADES giving me a STRAIGHT FLUSH. First guy bets 200 the next guy raises to 600 i don't want to scare them away so i call and the first guy folds. At this point i am hoping the guy has an ace high flush. Then the next card is another SPADE. The guy raises 2000 so at this point i know this guy definitely has a king or ace of spades .I reckon the guy wont run away and he almost covers my all in so its a nice double up and id be on my way home. So I'm all in. Guy SNAP calls. He shows Ace 9 his ace is a spade giving him a flush, but unfortunately for him i have a straight flush. I'm pretty happy but then what has to rain on my parade on the river??????? a KING OF SPADES!!!!!! giving him a ROYAL FLUSH!!.

I am on tilt instantly so the next hand i get i have king 6 off suit and raise 400 pre flop. i get 2 callers then the 3rd moves all in i CALL of course lol and others fold. Lucky for me the guy has ACES and donks get paid off in the Wynn so i laugh. And just like any other hand with king 6 i flop a full house. At this point i calm down a little and i get paid off with a couple of sets, as everyone thought i was a donkey from that one hand and completely forgetting i just lost with a straight flush.

It couldn't of been more then 45 minutes later i get a pair of 10's. I'm also not doing too bad i have almost 7000 in total and i was hoping i hit a set with these, get paid then go home. I raise 150 pre flop i get 5 callers believe it or not and I'm last to act again. Flop comes 10 10 king rainbow giving me QUADS, I'm over the moon. The first guy who was the one who lost to my king six, raises to 1000, next 2 people fold 4th goes all in for 2100 something next guy folds and I'm all in over the top. The 1st guy thinks about it and says ' i believe he has something', pointing to the first guy all in 'but i know your bluffing, you always bluff' Not realising even with king 6 i wasn't bluffing because i CALLED on tilt and didn't actually bluff since. He thought he'd probably lose 2100 but win the side pot with me which was 8000 something total as he had a couple of hundred less then me, so he CALLS. First guy all in shows ace queen drawing for a straight and the other guy who lost to me earlier shows ace king. So he has a pair of kings. I'm happy enough to show my quad tens and the guy must of been high because he shouts 'I KNEW IT' lol, I'm not sure which book tells you having quads is a bluff and to call if you think they have it. I start putting my jacket on but then the turn is a king, I stop, start sweating, take a big gulp and start to think no way, no way this isn't going to happen. It suddenly switches to slow motion as if my entire poker courier flashed before my eyes, ITS A KING!!!!!!! giving him bigger quads!!! i cant believe it and i want to choke the guy for saying once more 'I knew it, that's why i called' as if he made an amazing call.

I didn't make any donkey double up after that in fact i threw away another 2000. But don't worry i did make back my money and 2000 dollars profit later, after 19 hours of grinding! i was completely dead!. I didn't stay there to make my money, i stayed because after them crazy bad beats in a place where they didn't do bad beat jackpots or even give away something minuscule i was scared id get hit by a car on the way home.

so thats my TRUE story, so next time you have a bad beat ask yourselves, was it as bad as mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment